Looking for a quick and comforting meal to enjoy on a night in? Look no further than this simple and delicious pasta dish! With just a few ingredients, you can have a hearty and satisfying meal on the table in no time.
- 1 lb. pasta
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Bolognese Sauce (optional)
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 large carrots, fine dice
- 2 celery stalks, fine dice
- 1 yellow onion, fine dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup whole milk
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- In a Chef's Pan over medium heat, add ground lamb and start to brown. After the mixture is about half browned, add in carrots, celery and onions. Cook until the vegetables just start to soften and the meat is fully browned.
- Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- To deglaze the pan, pour in red wine and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes to cook down a little of the red wine.
- Add in tomatoes and break apart in the pan.
- Add in thyme, tomato paste and 2 cups water. Mix together until combined and cover the pan with a lid. Simmer on low heat until the mixture has cooked down and is thick. Add in remaining 2 cups water, repeat process. This in total should take around 2-3 hours.
- Add in milk and red pepper flakes and cook for 30 minutes until thick and delicious.
Enjoy this comforting and flavorful pasta dish on a night in with a good book or a movie. The buttery garlic sauce adds a delicious richness to the pasta, and the simple ingredients make it a budget-friendly meal that's perfect for any day of the week. We recommend cooking it up in our Chef's Pan for best results. Enjoy!
Snap a photo of your dish and tag us on Instagram @meyerlabs
#MEYER #HomeCooking #DeliciousIdeas